MI-409F Dip-type Reference Electrode with Glass Barrel and Frit Junction
MI-409 Dip-type Reference Electrode with Glass Barrel and Frit Junction
These electrodes are designed for use with any pH or ion-selective electrode. They utilize Ag-AgCl internal reference electrodes with 3M KCl filling solution. They may be used for many weeks before refilling is required. Each reference electrode includes 2 reference barrels and a bottle of 3M KCl.
BODY (Outer Diameter)
TIP (Outer Diameter)
DEPTH of IMMERSION
-5°C to 100° C
TYPE: Solution & Electrode
3M KCI & Ag-AgCI
REFERENCE JUNCTION TYPE
Carefully unwind the tape and remove the probe from the protective glass tube. The white translucent sleeve, which covers the hole, should be moved down the glass barrel slightly to ventilate the reference chamber and replaced after each use.
The use of a separate Reference Electrode is not required.
The probe can be held by hand when measuring pH. It has been standardized in two (2) pH buffers. Follow the procedure recommended by the manufacturer of your pH meter for calibrating your pH meter with our microelectrode.
OPTIMUM RESPONSE TIME will be obtained after the probe has been exercised in two (2) buffer solutions.
- Fill one beaker with a pH 4 buffer or equivalent and a second beaker with a pH 7 buffer or equivalent.
- Hold the microelectrode and touch the pH 4 buffer surface allowing 5 seconds for equilibration, and then touch the pH 7 buffer surface in the same manner. Do this several times.
- It is not necessary to rinse the probe because the carry-over is negligible.
Using any electrode in solutions containing protein requires the electrode be rinsed with an enzyme cleaning solution.
After each use, we recommend cleaning our electrodes with Terg-a-zyme (Alconox, Inc.) or a chromic/sulfuric acid glass cleaning solution by submerging the electrodes for a couple of minutes in order to remove all protein from the glass and reference junction.
This will prolong the useful life of the electrodes.
Always clean the electrode before storing:
- Long-term (over 4 weeks): Drain the solution and rince with DI water
- Short-term: The probe can be left in any solution to keep the tip from drying out.